These are the terms by which we publish short stories in the online magazine.
We have tried to make these terms as fair as possible.
Please use the Contact Us page for any questions.
The Author grants Kraxon Publishing Ltd:
- an exclusive licence of the First World Electronic Rights to publish the story in electronic or digital form for a period of 12 months from publication; and
- a non-exclusive license to make the story available in electronic or digital form once the exclusive license has expired.
The Author warrants that:
- he or she is entitled to enter into a this agreement;
- the story is the original work of the Author and the Author is the sole author of the story;
- the story has not, and no substantial part of the story has been previously published or made available for public viewing;
- the story does not breach any law or regulation, infringe any person’s Intellectual Property Rights or other legal rights;
- the story does not contain anything which is libellous, obscene, indecent, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or the right to a private life, in contempt of court, in contravention of racial hatred, religious hatred, official secrets or data protection legislation;
- the story is not and has never been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other complaint.
Your story may be similar to another story submitted to us, or one in which we are already considering. You agree not to hold us liable for any similarity to your story in other stories we publish.
We may require editing of the story before publication. Editing is at the discretion of the Author, and the Author is free to refuse making changes to the story. We reserve the right to decline publication where we feel the story is not of publishable standard without such changes being made.
We will pay the Author the publication payment within 30 days of publication. We will generally use PayPal for such payments, unless another payment method is agreed. Any fees, such as currency conversion, will form part of the publication payment.
Termination – The Author may terminate this agreement within the exclusivity period by giving 30 days notice and repaying to the publisher the publication payment. The Author may terminate this agreement outside of the exclusivity period by giving 30 days notice.
Jurisdiction – This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales over any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with this Agreement.